WE ARE OPEN! – To all of our Patrons, Friends and Family ….
Our hours of operation are Monday through Saturday evening for dinner and Saturday and Sunday day only for Brunch.
Due to Covid regulations and our assurance of social distancing, we have decided to incorporate, The Beauty Shop, our sister music club, Bar DKDC, our newest Back Dō Oasis Patio behind the Beauty Shop and our patio out front of the Beauty Shop. All of our places are serving the food and libation menus from The Beauty Shop restaurant.
This is one way we can keep social distancing in place and still give all of you a great experience when you come back to see us. We are looking forward to seeing all of you and please know that we are doing everything we can to make sure your dining experience is comfortable and safe.
Take Out / To Go # - 901-272-7111
Staying in Doesn’t mean missing a good meal
Another Roadside Attraction Catering cares deeply about the safety of our clients and our employees. However that doesn’t mean community stops. With all of us taking on increased sanitary protocols beyond those required, we want to help bring the community together.
Helping the community and keeping us together with healthy food at the family table is our number one priority.
There are a number of ways we can help serve you – While you are looking to keep distance, stay home, or simply escape, we are here to offer you a memorable and healthy sustenance.
- Have a private chef prepare a date night or a small friendly gathering at your house. – We COOK and CLEAN
- We can drop off prepared meals for your household or serve a Meal family style at your house: Consider a theme such as Spanish, Italian, Caribbean, French, Southern, Texas or BBQ home cooked meals.
- We also offer prepared meals for company events- let us prepare lunches for your employees in a safe and sanitary environment and drop off curbside or set up for your enjoyment. Single serving boxed lunches, breakfast, any corporate or private daytime event!
- Let us take the stress out of the upcoming Passover and Easter holidays for you. We can create a meal you won’t forget within the comfort of your own home.
- If you would like to have cooking classes in your home, we can focus around meal prep, International cuisines, appetizers or family meals for you and your friends.
Let us know how we can serve you! We are ready to receive your emails and phone calls. Please drop us a line at….
We do what we love and love what we do.Here at Another Roadside Attraction Catering, we love to experiment, as Food is our passion but creativity is at our heart.
We know that any event that you are planning has to represent your brand message from the minute the event begins to the last “thank you for coming.” We are your partner to ensure that t his happens and happens smoothly. Consider us an extension of your family.
- We will listen to your wants and needs and hold your hand from beginning to end
- We will create a fantastic memorable event based on your wildest imagination
- We will work at your home, office, event space, garage or closet, depending on your needs
- We will plan your menus based on your tastes, budget, and dietary needs
- We will provide professional, accommodating and a happy staff to procure your every whim
- We will dress in theme costumes, wear wigs, togas, grass skirts, french maid couture or play Cinderella while we mop, sweep and leave your space pristine – all the while wearing a smile
- We will absolutely deliver the most scrumptious, delicious and beautiful display of food your eyes and stomachs have experienced
- Cocktail Parties from 20 to 20,000
- Seated Dinners
- Breakfast in bed for two
- Corporate Parties
- Bar and Bat Mitzvahs
- Museum Openings and Hotel Openings
- T.V. Commercial Shoots
- Major Motion Pictures
- Personal Chef (yes, we cooked for Tom Cruise, Susan Sarandon, Francis Ford Coppola and Sydney Pollack to name a few...)
- Book Signings
Karen Blockman Carrier has been a personal chef to such Hollywood big shots as Tom Cruise and Susan Sarandon. But in Memphis this chef is a bona fide celebrity in her own right – she’s on so many magazine covers, you’d think she was promoting her latest blockbuster.
The way to Memphis’ heart is through its stomach, and Carrier’s innovative restaurants and one-of-a-kind cooking style is what makes her a star.
Like a surprisingnumber of contemporary chefs, Carrier began her working life as an artist.She earned her BFA in painting from The Memphis Academy of Art andwhile working on her MFA in NYC she had a chance encounter in therestroom of The Lone Star Café. A struggling art student mentioned herlove of cooking and lack of money. The other woman, one of New York’stop chefs, was in need of help. The two exchanged names, the studentpromised to start work the next day and Karen Carrier never returned tograduate school.
In 1986 Carrier opened Automatic Slims “One Bar Under a Groove”;a Memphis meets Manhattan Juke Joint in Greenwich Village. Like all goodSoutherners, she eventually returned home to Memphis to start a familyand plant the seeds for a restaurant empire.Another Roadside Attraction Catering was her first southern venture,followed by Automatic Slims Tonga Club in Downtown Memphis,(Carrier sold this restaurant after 17 years in 2008), The Beauty Shop Restaurant+ Lounge, do Sushi + Noodles and her latest addition -The Mollie Fontaine Lounge. When Carrier opened her first Memphis restaurantit brought a breath of big city eccentricity and sophistication to Downtown Memphis. Herrestaurants quickly made inroads into the city’s appetites with her ambitious cooking combiningbig Southern and international flavors. It’s what Food and Wine Magazine described as “in yourface cooking; imaginative and full of surprises”.
Karen Blockman Carrier; from art student to artist, prep cook to chef; designer to restauranteur -has been creating in different mediums for over 25 years. In all endeavors this chef, entrepreneur,generates art and innovation. Though a nice Jewish girl who was raised on kosher food, her culinaryinfluences are far removed from brisket and matzo ball soup.
Thirty years ago Dana Baldwin made a road trip to Memphis from New York City to see Graceland, fell in love and never left. Dana was introduced to Karen Carrier by mutual friends and began her career with Another Roadside Attraction in 1988.
Dana’s food background started in 3rd grade when she used to play restaurant with her friends. She played the part of hostess, waitress and cook, serving Campbell’s soup and frozen pizza to her much adoring audience.
Her love of the restaurant businesscame from watching her father tirelessly open and run restaurantsthroughout NYC.Dana started as a server with Another Roadside Attraction, then advancedto Kitchen Manager, Chef and General Manager. In 1991 Dana went withCarrier to open Automatic Slim’s. Pregnant with twins, Dana returnedto Another Roadside Attraction later that year and took the reigns.
Dana is the Heart and Soul of Another Roadside Attraction.Her attention to detail, ability to listen to a clients needs, creativelicense and keeping a cool head has kept Dana at the top of her game.
- University of Tenn. Medical
- St. Jude Childrens Hospital
- Justin Timberlake
- Lebonheur Children’s Hospital
- Monsters of Rock Concert
- Fed ExLive Aid – Philadelphia, Pa
- American Cancer Society
- Ballet Memphis
- Memphis College of Art
- Rhodes College
- Arts Memphis
- Stax Museum of American Music
- Brooks Museum of Art
- Dixon Garden and Gallery
- Sedgwick CMS
- Mississippi Museum of Art
- Mempho Music Festival
- Urban Outfitters
- The Blues Ball
- Southern Food Alliance
- Chef John Currence’ wedding
- Alluvian Hotel
- B.B. King Blues Museum
- Auto Zone
- The Peabody Hotel
- David Lusk Gallery
- Hyde Foundation
- Service Master
- The Vergos Family
- Hyde Foundation
- Henry and Lynn Turley
- Crosstown Arts Group
- National Ornamental Metals Museum
- Blues Foundation
- Plough Foundation
- National Preservation Institute
- Bluff City Law NBC TV
- Baker Donelson Law Firm
- First Horizon Bank
- Fleming Architects
- Leo Events
- Raymond James
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Louisiana Bar Association
- Child Advocacy Center
- Relay Graduate School
- Memphis Made Beer
- Wiseacre Beer
- Glankler Brown Law Firm